January 12, 2017

Roasted Pork Tenderloin in Balsamic-Rosemary Marinade



It took me a while, but I finally figured it out.  I now have a specific spot in my house set up that is intended solely for food blogging!  Since we've moved, I've been taking photos in my bay window, which makes it extremely difficult to get a good picture when the sun goes down before dinner.  Now I have my lighting and everything set up to where I don't have to rely on the time/position of the sun!  Even though artificial lighting isn't as desirable as natural, I'll take whatever I can get during the months of winter!  Happy days!

One of my favorite meals to make is pork tenderloin.  It's easy enough to make for a weeknight meal but good enough to serve to company.  Searing the pork gives it a lovely crust that locks in flavor, and roasting it to an internal temperature of 140 degrees and then allowing it to rest will result in fork-tender deliciousness!  I served mine with a side of quinoa and peas.




Ingredients:
Yields 3 - 4 servings
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma

  • 1 pork tenderloin 
  • 1/3 c balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tbsp avocado oil 
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce 
  • 2 tsp packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
  • 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
  • 3 tbsp butter
  • Salt, to taste

Directions:

Make the marinade.  Combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, and pepper, and place in a food processor.  Pulsed until blended well.  Add the rosemary and garlic through the feed tube, and continue to process until smooth. Marinate the pork tenderloin covered for 2 hours.  

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  

Melt the butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the marinated pork to the skillet and brown on all sides.  Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.  Turn the tenderloin over and continue to cook for another 10 to 15 minutes (depending on the size of your tenderloin), or until an instant-read thermometer registers 140 degrees in the thickest part of the tenderloin.  

Wrap the tenderloin in foil and allow it to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.  During this time, I use the pan drippings to make a sauce.  

Transfer the tenderloin to a cutting board and slice it into medallions.  Reserve the juices.  Season with salt and pepper, to taste.  Pour the reserved juices over the medallions.  

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: